This is the home page of the St Patrick’s Extension program. Working with Able, Gifted and Talented students the aim of the Extension program is to provide meaningful, real world contextual problems for students to engage with. The goals of the program are to:
- Provide an inclusive identification process where all potentially able, gifted and talented , including underperforming students, have access to the program.
- Provide experiences within the school and community which will enable able, gifted and talented students to develop potential and ability in such areas as decision making, critical and creative thinking, problem solving and leadership.
- Recognise and nurture creative and individual potential through appropriately planned learning experiences and opportunities.
- Provide a learning environment to enable able, gifted and talented students to share ownership of their learning, organize their time and activities responsibly to complete activities with self-fulfilment.
- Encourage, nurture and guide play, passion and performance amongst students.